Schlanger Law Group LLP, a consumer protection law firm focusing on class actions, identity theft and fair credit reporting litigation, and significant collection defense matters is seeking a full-time attorney to work out of either its midtown Manhattan or upstate (New Paltz) office. Our firm focuses on sophisticated advocacy, primarily in federal court.
Candidates must be admitted in New York (or qualify for reciprocity) and have:
- at least 4 years of federal litigation experience;
- superior persuasive legal writing ability;
- experience taking and defending depositions;
- strong academic credentials;
- experience litigating consumer protection cases (FCRA, FDCPA; TILA; civil RICO, etc.) and/or federal class actions, whether on behalf of plaintiffs or defendants.
Federal commercial litigation experience also highly valued.
Former federal clerks strongly encouraged to apply.
- a great working environment;
- a competitive compensation, including both a base salary and compensation based on case outcomes;
- a love for the practice of law as a craft and in service of consumers and others who have been treated unfairly;
- significant case responsibilities and other opportunities for leadership.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three references with contact information including email addresses and phone numbers, and a writing sample. The cover letter should indicate whether the candidate is primarily interested in working out of the NYC or upstate office. Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com